- Launched the Anchorage Women’s Breast Cancer Support Group.
- Launched the first Percutaneous Breast Biopsy program in the region.
- In partnership with Providence Imaging Center, launched the Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Conference.
- Introduced Alaska’s first Digital Mammography service in 2005.
- In partnership with Providence Imaging Center, provided the first ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence in Alaska.
- In partnership with ARA, Providence Imaging Center received the ACR’s FIRST Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Accreditation Certificate.
- In partnership with Imaging Associates, introduced the first 3T MRI and MR Spectroscopy in Alaska.
- Introduced and maintain Alaska’s ONLY Fetal MRI program. Previously pregnant mothers had to travel to Seattle or Cincinnati for these examinations.
- Introduced Alaska’s first Dynamic Pelvic MRI program.
- Introduced Breast MRI to the Matsu-Valley. ARA was the first to offer, and is today, the only source of Breast MRI in Anchorage and the MatSu valley.
- In partnership with Imaging Associates, ARA established the only Breast Center of Excellence in the Matsu-Valley. Together the Providence Imaging Center and Imaging Associates maintain two of only three Breast Centers of Excellence in Alaska.
- Introduced 100% sub-specialty interpretations of Musculoskeletal CT and MRI.
- Introduced Alaska’s first non-invasive multi-parametric Prostate MRI program.
- Introduced Alaska’s first dedicated Metal Suppression MRI service for imaging orthopedic implants.
- ARA’s skilled women’s imagers were the first in the state to support Breast Tomosynthesis. ARA provides interpretations for these state of the art 3D mammograms at Alaska Neighborhood Health, Providence Imaging Center and Imaging Associates.
- ARA’s skilled women’s imagers were the first radiologists in Alaska performing Breast Tomosynthesis guided biopsies (at PIC).
- In partnership with Imaging Associates, ARA introduced the first 3T MRI to the MatSu Valley.
- In partnership with Imaging Associates, ARA introduced the first high-field Open MRI to Alaska through its Providence partnership with Imaging Associates at its new flagship facility at the corner of Providence Dr and Piper St.
- ARA became the first and only modern radiology practice in Alaska to provide 24/7 in-hospital Radiologist coverage, at its primary inpatient hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center.
- In partnership with Imaging Associates and Providence Imaging Center, ARA introduced high resolution rectal MRI for rectal cancer staging in Alaska.
- ARA Introduced quantitative volumetric neuroimaging to assess patients with history of concussion/traumatic brain injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, and other neurological diseases.
- ARA Implemented a new scanning protocol using diffusion tensor imaging to allow better depiction of white matter changes in demyelinating diseases and central neurological injury.
- ARA collaborated with local Urologists to provide the detailed digital tools they need to provide state of the art MRI / Ultrasound Fusion Prostate Biopsies.
- ARA’s Neuroradiologists organized multiple presentations in the community to educate providers and the public about the effects of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and in the proper use of diagnostic imaging to better assess these patients.
- ARA offered continued support to local active duty and veteran populations suffering from prior TBI through educational programs (talks at JBER) and imaging consults.
- ARA began providing neuroradiology support to VA and DoD beneficiaries through the Multicenter Chronic Effects of Neurotrauma Consortium (CENC).
- ARA Neuroradiologist Dr. Gerald York began serving as board member for Alaska Brain Injury Network (ABIN)