- Alaska Radiology Associates Interventional Radiologists have been the first in Alaska to offer virtually every interventional procedure back to the days when percutaneous drainage, diagnostic angiography, and arthrography were novel techniques.
- For more than 15 years ARA has maintained the ONLY 24/7 Interventional Radiology service in Alaska. Today 3 of the four 4 full time fellowship trained interventional radiologists in Alaska belong to ARA.
- In the last 10-15 years ARA has introduced the following Interventions to Alaska
- Carotid Artery angioplasty and stenting.
- Intracranial angiography.
- Stroke rescue with trans-arterial therapies, intracranial clot removal.
- Refractory Nose bleed embolizations.
Arterial Endovascular Interventions:
- AAA endovascular repairs.
- Thoracic aortic stent graft / endovascular repair.
- Peripheral atherectomy.
- Limb salvage.
- Uterine Fibroid embolization.
- Ovarian vein embolization.
- Testicular vein embolization / varicocele treatments.
- RFA of lung, liver and bone tumors.
- Cryoablation of kidney and bone tumors.
- Microwave ablation of liver tumors.
- Chemo-embolizations of the liver.
- Yittrium-90 embolizations of the liver.
- DVT thrombolysis.
- Urgent pulmonary embolism thrombolysis.
- IVC filter placement and removal.
- PICC line placement (with subsequent training of the Providence PICC nursing team).
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Venous Reflux and Varicosities.
- Percutaneous gastrostomy tubes.
- Cecostomy, gastro-jejunostomy.
Musculoskeletal and Spine Interventions:
- Metastatic and Primary bone tumor ablations (RFA and Cryoablation)
- Spine tumor ablations in the thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Percutaneous biopsy of Cervical Spine Bone and Disc disease.
- ARA recruited Dr. Allen Rubin, a double boarded Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon. Dr. Rubin provides high level vascular surgical care to SouthCentral Alaskans and regularly staffs the Providence Alaska Medical Center sponsored wound clinic.